2010年7月27日 星期二

The Ark




This is my brother's house in the US , where he and his wife used to live with our parents .

My sister-in-law was expecting her first baby in 2000, and the painting was
my gift to her and the baby girl, who arrived a month after the painting was
done .

The home should be like the Ark , a shelter from storm .
Bad weather is unavoidable and sometimes even necessary because only after the rain can we have the rainbows and the flowers.

The astrological signs represent the whole family, my parents on one side of the Pa-Kwa , my brother's family on the other side ;
I'm separated from them all by the Milky Way, as I'm 7000 miles away in HK .

My old little red car , a second hand Honda Jazz ( I was the fifth owner) had been with me for 10 years and was the first thing I owned outright ever .
Unfortunately it was all played out and due for the scrape heap .
I love the car so much I give it golden wheels and little angel wings, and send it to Heaven .

Postscript 2009:
My present little red car is a Toyota Echo, it was vandalised a few months ago while parked outside the University Central Library. Resurfacing and repainting the deep scratch on the bonnet would cost several thousand dollars, money I'm reluctant to spend on a 9 year old car. So I cut up pieces of coloured paper and pasted them over the entire length of the scratch mark . Now I've the most unique car in the whole of HK , maybe even the whole world !

This just shows even a bad thing can be turned around if we put our mind to it !

This painting was exhibited in the 5Th CU Staff Biennial Art Exhibition , Foyer Gallery, Sir Run Run Shaw Hall, 2000 . It is now hung in my brother's house .

沒有留言:

張貼留言