2010年7月27日 星期二

Birthday in New York


I went to New York for the first time in 1992, and met up with Juliana, a student in Art Management in Yale , Karl, a German sculptor, and Helen, a German law student .

It happened to be my birthday, so we had a nice dinner in an Italian restaurant, then went to a Jazz club in Soho.

I was asked why my friends and I have no faces in the painting . I said it's because all the other figures in the picture are caricatures, but we are real people so our expression changes all the time , the faces are left blank in the painting so that we can continue our animated conversation through eternity.

I couldn't believe it but people actually bought that !

The painting was exhibited in "Painting Exhibition by Dr. Memie Kwok" (郭園醫生繪畫作品展) organized by the Art Promotion Committee , Chung Chi College, CUHK , April 27 - May 22, 2004

沒有留言:

張貼留言